Our Team Members are VERY important to our sale, they allow our event to run smoothly and help provide a great shopping experience for everyone. We rely on volunteers to make the event a success and we give you the benefits to make it worth your time. Babies, Tots n’ More offers morning, afternoon and evening volunteer shifts.
You do not have to be a consignor to assist at the Babies, Tots n’ More Consignment Event. Team Members may choose to work one 4- hour shift in order to shop the Babies, Tots n’ More Consignment Event before regular consignors and the general public, or work two 4-hour shifts for the benefit of being the very first ones to shop the VIP Pre-sale! You will shop before the crowds with the absolute best selection of everything at the sale.
Team BTNM Incentives
- Qualify for the Team BTNM Presale
- Consignors receive 70% of the profits from the sale of their items. Note: Some bartering slots are for early shopping opportunities only and do not qualify for an increase in consignor percentage.
- Qualify to shop the VIP Presale
- Consignors will receive 70% of the profits from the sale of their items. Note: Some bartering slots are for early shopping opportunities only and do not qualify for an increase in consignor percentage.
What will I do as a Team member at a Babies, Tots n’ More Consignment Event?
- Set-up: This job may require a little muscle and we could definitely use a Few Strong Men (Ask your husband to help out and use his pre-sale pass!)
- Merchandise placement and inspection at Drop-Off: We help our moms unload and get their items on the sales floor. Every item is inspected for quality and guideline procedures. Work this shift and we will take your drop-off while you work.
- Pre-Sale Preparation: This is the final prep before the event begins! Work this shift and be there when the sale starts.
- Public Sale: During the sale we need great people (who love to help moms) working our check out, bagging merchandise, working the racks and display areas, keeping all areas neat and in order.
- Sorting Merchandise for Pickup and Donations: All items not sold are sorted for consignor pick-up and all donated items are prepped for our charities.
- Sale Breakdown: We break down the racks and pack it all up for the next wonderful sale!
Not available to work the sale? Post Flyers and Pass Out Postcards!
We need a few Team Members to hang fliers and distribute postcards to preschools, places of worship, play spaces, gymnastics/ballet facilities, daycare centers, etc.
- Four hours of Team BTNM credit will be given for each marketing packet of 10 posters & 250 postcards distributed.
- There are a limited number of spots available on our marketing team.
- Register as a BTNM Team Member
- Select the shift that corresponds with the specific Chicagoland neighborhood where you would like to distribute materials.
- Marketing packets will be available for pickup at several locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Supply a list of the family friendly places where the 10 posters and 250 postcards were distributed in order to receive credit.
Unable to give your time?
Some of our bartering slots include providing items that allow our sale to run smoothly such as, providing refreshments, purchasing supplies, etc. This is the perfect opportunity for those that would like to shop early but are unable to give of their time. These slots are for early shopping opportunities only and do not qualify for an increase in consignor percentage.
Team BTNM Sign Up
Signing up for our Team BTNM shifts is so simple!
- Click the “Team BTNM Registration” button below.
- Find the shift you want, click on the shift. As soon as you click the shift, it signs you up for that shift; make sure it is the one you want.
- We will send you and email prior to the sale reminding you to verify your shift.
8-Hour VIP Pre-Sale Passes
If you would like to earn an 8-hour pre-sale pass just choose any two 4-hour shifts for a total of eight hours. You can also have someone serve on your behalf. We can always use strong men to help us move things around (nothing too heavy, of course). Sign up early to ensure that you get the shift that you want. Shifts will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Shifts may fill up quickly! If you sign up for a shift and it refers you back to the original page (without signing you up) that means that the shift is full and you will need to make another selection.
**Dollar Dash for Charity Invitation
- Chicago – Saturday, April 15 at 5:00 PM*
- North Shore – TBD
(*or later if sort is not complete at that time).
Following our sort, most items marked for donation will be available for sale in our Dollar Dash. Certain team member shifts earn an invitation. When registering, look for the shifts that have **DD in their description. Note: All Hubby Helper shifts (men only shifts) earn an invitation.
Clothing, toys, equipment and all other items are included in the Dollar Dash. The pricing structure is based on original prices:
$10 and below will be sold for $1
$10.50 – $15.00 will be sold for $3
$15.50 – $20.00 will be sold for $4
$20.00 – up will be sold for $5
100% of the proceeds from the sale of Dollar Dash items will be donated to charity.
About Your Shift
- If for any reason you cannot fulfill your shift, please let us know as soon as possible.
- When you come to assist, please arrive 15 minutes early so you can be checked in for your shift and given instructions on your job duty.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and please make arrangements for childcare before your scheduled shift.
- Children are not allowed to accompany you during your shift. Team members must be 16 years of age.
- We LOVE children; however, to ensure the safety of all parties, absolutely NO strollers or children are allowed at our pre-sales.